Wednesday 9 January 2013

A big hello!

Hello hello to you and you and you! Welcome to the new look, new style, new Orange Bird Studio. I plan to create knitting and crochet patterns for you to purchase (or if I'm feeling generous, then I may even give them away for free!)

Previously, this little venture was all about selling my knitted accessories and hand-drawn greetings cards, and blogging about all things related, but unfortunately I just don't have the same amount of time as I did a few years ago.  However, I have recently picked up my needles again, and I really want to start blogging once more - not only about knitting, but also general life and things that make me smile.

So here we go!

Crochet cushion cover - complete with vintage buttons
Here is a crochet cushion I made for my friend Becci's birthday. I really enjoyed creating this - it gave me a chance to use up the leftover balls of lovely merino wool that weren't big enough to really make anything as such, but I just couldn't bear to throw them out. And I'm so glad I didn't! The 'vintage-y' photo I took of this doesn't show the colours that well, but I used a kingfisher blue, pale grey, cream, dusky lilac and a deep purple. I finished it by adding 10 mismatched vintage buttons from my Grandma's collection!


10p flowers!
Here are some lovely flowers I bought from the supermarket on New Years Day - for 10p! And they are still going strong 9 days later! Maybe it's the GORGEOUS Orla Kiely vase I put them in (it's really a utensils holder, but I couldn't resist using it for these flowers!)


Baby's blanket - work in progress
Here is the beginning of my latest pattern for the brand new Orange Bird Studio venture. It's a baby's pram blanket with a garter stitch border knitted with a chunky weight wool. The pattern I have created is relatively simple, and if you know the basics of knitting and purling, you can make this! I'm halfway there with it, and shall let you know when it is ready to purchase online!
That's it for now, see you soon!
Carol xx


No comments: